Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seal Rocks

We have just had a fabulous week away up on the mid North Coast of NSW at Seal Rocks.  A gorgeous little spot that reminded me so much of Depot Beach.  Perfect beaches that are totally unspoilt by development, surrounded by national parks.  No cafes, just a tiny little general store and best of all no mobile service.  Woohoo, it was bliss.  The one significant difference from Depot though was that Seal  Rocks has a lighthouse.  The boys having had the fabulous Lighthouse Keeper stories by Ronda & David Armitage read to them from a young age were just besotted with it!


These two are their favourites!




                  I think I could have quite happily lived in the lighthouse keepers cottage on the cliff!








                               I think that they had my husband in mind when they whipped this particular sign up.





          


 This is the house we stayed in for the week.  Yes, we lit the fire every night, despite the fact that we didn't really need to.  There is just something ever so cosy about having stories in front of the fire in the evening after a lovely day at the beach.







                                   


    The locals call this little corner of the beach kiddies corner.  It was divine.   Crystal clear water at a gorgeous temperature, the kids adored it and so did we.  I can't wait for our next visit!


                             

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks like an amazing place and that house! Wow! Glad you gotto have some time out together. :)
    Ps. Thanks for the book recommendation too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a beautiful spot and a beautiful home to stay in too! Kiddies corner looks perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma what a beautiful spot to go for a holiday. I love the sign too, I have a hubby like that;) And that house is stunning, I love sitting in front a fire it feels nice and cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous place. Looks amazing...Though I think my 15-month-old would demolish the place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos - I feel transported :) Looks like a great family vacation :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma, I just discovered your blog. The house you stayed in looks great and we would've lit the fire too, it makes it so nice and cosy. We have visited the light house and thought it was just wonderful. Did yoo know that you can stay at the light house as well. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious!
    Depot Beach is now bookmarked in my travel folder.
    If ever we make our way down that way I'll contact you for the details of your accommodation.
    Happy weekend Lovely,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Em! How sensational. No wonder you revelled in it. Life Felicity, I'm now bookmarking this for sure! J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma! You've missed your calling - surely you should be doing a travel blog? Seriously, I want to go there! And I NEED to stay in THAT house! Gorgeous. Glad to hear you had a lovely trip. We whizz by the turn-off to Seal Rocks each time we make our way up to Byron Bay or the Gold Coast. Next time we'll definitely stop. All thanks to you!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...